Thursday, March 18, 2010

Animal Tracks



When I go for a walk after a rain I see lots of tracks in the mud. Sometimes all I see are human tracks and dog tracks. A few days ago I saw lots of animal tracks. This first picture is tracks of a raccoon. Their tracks almost look like little hand prints, like the prints my grandsons might make in the mud.

The second picture is deer tracks. Even though I live in town there are some wooded areas around me, like the woods around the pond and over on the college campus. We have a lot of deer. They walk through our neighborhood and in the summer they like to snack on our garden!

This last picture was made beside a little stream that runs into the pond. I wonder if you know what kind of tracks these lines might be? Let me know if you do!

1 comment: